As many people age, they find themselves struggling to complete daily tasks and activities that were once so simple that they required little thought. Dressing, housekeeping, driving, preparing meals, and other aspects of life now require far more effort, and so the need for assisted care and assisted living may come into consideration.
How May We Assist You?
So come the questions, “What is assisted living?” And, “Is there assisted living near me, or would that require moving to another area?” If you’ve never visited an assisted living facility for yourself, you might be surprised to find that, unlike a nursing home, assisted living allows for more independent living, in a community-like location where your needs are supported while your desire to remain on-the-go and active are given room to thrive. There are also usually a few of these senior living communities in town, as well, which means that moving from a fully independent home won’t require you to leave the community and area that you know and love.
Some Assistance Required
Assisted living provides a more watchful level of care than could be accommodated in a simple retirement community, with access to 24-hour emergency care and support from a trained medical staff.
There are other benefits, as well, as most assisted living homes offer services to their residents including:
- Meals in a common dining area
- Caring assistance in completing daily tasks such as walking, eating, dressing, bathing, and using the bathroom
- Security on a 24-hour basis
- Housekeeping to ensure that each resident can enjoy a clean and tidy living environment
- Management and monitoring of medication
- Regularly scheduled activities to maintain social connection and encourage the enjoyment of recreational time
- Emergency call systems to ensure that each resident has in-home, easy access to emergency care
- Health and wellness programs
- Exercise programs
Depending on your preferences, the level of care that you need, and your financial abilities, there are generally a number of options that you can choose from to suit your lifestyle and maintain your desire to stay as independent and free as possible. Many facilities offer a range of floor plans, so check each assisted living facility in your area to learn their specific details.
Getting assistance doesn’t mean you’ve lost your freedom! Call the caring staff at Watermark of Gulf Breeze to learn more today!